Timbertex Vs Sealaridge: Warranty Comparison
GAF offers Lifetime Limited Warranty for both TimberTex® Premium Ridge Cap Shingles and Seal-A-Ridge® Protective Ridge Cap Shingles. Both product lines have a Lifetime coverage for Limited Warranty Term and apply for 10 years for the manufacturing defect coverage during the Smart Choice® Protection Period.
For the Algae Warranty Coverage, both ridge cap shingle brands offer StainGuard® 10 Years coverage for the Limited Warranty term and apply for 1 year during the Smart Choice® Protection Period. TimberTex® covers 15 years for the Wind Warranty Coverage, while Seal-A-Ridge® covers only five years for the Limited Warranty term.
Moreover, the Lifetime Limited Warranty applies to residents of the United States or Canada and if you are the original property owner. The limited warranty is also transferable but it can only be done once to the subsequent owner. The second owner will have the same warranty coverage ff the transfer takes place within the Smart Choice® Protection Period.
During the Smart Choice® Protection Period, GAF will cover the full repair and labor cost or the cost to re-cover any defective GAF Products. They will also provide the replacement of GAF Products or provide a reasonable expense to purchase the necessary replacement GAF Products. The labor costs will no longer be covered after the Smart Choice® Protection Period.
Why Do Homeowners Need Hip And Ridge Shingles
The hips and ridges are important intersections on a roof, which need to be weather-blocked and protected. High-quality hip and ridge shingles serve to keep snow, rain and debris from getting into the corners of roof sections. Some of the components that protect these areas also serve effective ventilation purposes, extending the energy efficiency of a home. Still, the most crucial purpose is the protection of the roofs materials from the elements.
Timbertex Vs Sealaridge: Final Showdown
Both TimberTex® Premium and Seal-A-Ridge® Protective are high-quality and durable ridge cap shingles, which protect high-stress areas like the ridges of your roof against blow-off. They also help add a much more modern touch and contemporary accent to your roofing shingles.
Moreover, both ridge cap shingle brands come in a wide selection of color variations, and they provide ease of installation. If you prefer a premium ridge cap shingle with a longer coverage for the wind warranty, then TimberTex® Premium Ridge Cap Shingles suit you best.
Don’t Miss: Do You Have To Treat Shingles
A Closer Look At Gaf Premium Hip And Ridge Cap Shingles
July 30, 2019 by Gary Howard
As North Americas largest manufacturer of roofing materials, accessories and related products, its not surprising why many a local would choose GAF® over its competitors. GAF roofing systems extend farther than simply designing and producing shakes and shingles. Their engineers and designers view the roof holistically, which means they put the same amount of quality and commitment to the accessories that make the roof work as they do on the shingles themselves. This includes a line of high-quality hip and ridge cap products that can help protect the most vulnerable parts of your roof from external damage.
Let our roofing specialists at Howard Roofing & Home Improvements walk you through the top Premium Hip and Ridge Cap Shingles GAF has to offer: Timbertex®, TimberCrest and Ridglass®.
Add Notes Or Highlights To Any Document You Want When You Sign Up For A Free Buildsite Trial
Make your life easier… and get your work done faster too!
With free Trial registration you’ll be able to:
- Annotate your PDFs before you send them
- Save your packages for future use
- Create impressive Construction Submittals with our easy-to-use templates
… and there’s much more!
Timbertex Vs Sealaridge: Cost Comparison
GAF doesnt specifically include the most accurate online pricing of the two ridge cap shingles on their website, but you can look for the nearest residential roofing contractors to get insights about the most accurate estimate possible.
For the most accurate pricing of both and Timberline® NS Shingles, you can get them through the authorized contractors or distributors of GAF. You can also check the available list on the website of GAF.
Gaf Timbertex 0840180 Ridge Cap Shingles 20 Linear Ft Charcoal
GAF’s Timbertex Premium Ridge Cap Shingle is a premium, double-layer ridge cap shingle with large 8″ exposure. Timbertex matches with Timberline HD shingles to provide a dramatic look to your finished roof.
Timbertex Premium Ridge Cap shingles offer double-layer protection against leaks and blow-offs at the hips and ridges. They provide a high-quality alternative to cut-up strip shingles.
You May Like: What Do Mild Shingles Look Like
Gaf Timbertex Ridge Cap Shingles
GAF’s Timbertex is one of those excellent products. The Timbertex line offers a distinctive ridge cap that
GAF TimberTex ridge cap shingles is designed to accentuate the beauty of your new roof. This line offers multi-layer protection for your roof’s high-stress areas, which are the hips and the ridges. It is also far more valuable because it provides a high-quality alternative to standard cut-up strip shingles.
This is GAF’s highest-selling cap shingle line. Some additional features of this line include:
- Very dramatic look
- Effortless installation
Gaf Timbertex 0840552 Ridge Cap Shingles 20 Linear Ft Pewter Gray
Add the perfect finishing touch for your new roof, a premium, distinctive ridge cap shingle. Timbertex Premium Ridge Cap Shingles offer excellent protection at high-stress areas of your roof . Its 12 wide design works with most ridge vents. Timbertex Premium Ridge Cap Shinglesare a key part of the GAF Lifetime Roofing System and have earned the Good Housekeeping Seal.
- Large 8″ Exposure: Means fewer pieces to install vs. typical 3-tab cut-up strip shingles and a more dramatic appearance on the roof.
- Accurate Installation: The unique alignment guide in the headlap helps ensure each piece is properly centered over the hip or ridge, while the fastener guides help ensure the proper location of nails.
- Stays in Place: Dura Grip Self-Seal Adhesive seals each piece tightly and reduces the risk of shingle blow-off.
- StainGuard Protection: Helps ensure the beauty of your ridge cap shingles against unsightly blue-green algae.1
- Peace of Mind: Eligible for a Lifetime limited warranty when installed on Lifetime Shingle roofs.
Don’t Miss: Cost Of Shingles Vaccine At Kroger
Get Up To 3 Estimates For Free
Provide your contact information to compare estimates from top professionals in your area
Timbertex Vs Sealaridge: Durability Comparison
TimberTex® Premium Ridge Cap Shingles offer premium double-layer protection that enhances the strength and durability of the ridge cap shingles and protects them against leaks and blow-offs, especially high-stress areas of your roof, such as at the hips and ridges
SealARidge® Ridge Cap Shingles feature a machine-cut design that provides a more uniform and cleaner finished look than cut-up 3-tab strip shingles. It also has a pre-scored design that eliminates the need for time-consuming cuts.
Both TimberTex® and SealARidge® feature Dura Grip Self-Seal Adhesive that seals each shingle tightly, keeping them attached in place. The adhesive also reduces the risk of the shingles blowing off due to high winds. Also, both ridge cap shingle brands feature StainGuard® Protection that helps maintain the beauty of the ridge cap shingles against blue-green algae.
You May Like: What Are The Reactions To The Shingles Shot
Timbertex Premium Ridge Cap Shingles
A Distinctive and Protective Premium Ridge Cap Shingle Will:
- Match the performance of your new roof
- Accentuate the natural beauty of your newly installed architectural shingle roof
- Offer multi-layer protection at the highest-stress areas of your roof
- Provide a striking and higher-quality alternative to using cut-up strip shingles as your ridge cap
Timbertex® Premium Ridge Cap Shingles are a key part of the GAF Lifetime Roofing System and have even earned the prestigious Good Housekeeping Seal.
Gaf Timbertex Vs Sealaridge: Which Ridge Cap Shingles Are Better
Both TimberTex® Premium and Seal-A-Ridge® Protective are ridge cap shingles, which help protect the roofs ridges and hips against harsh weather conditions that may cause separation of ridges to shingles. They also allow them to shed debris and water effectively, reduce blow-off, and enhance the durability of the roofing shingles.
In this article, youll find information about TimberTex® Premium and Seal-A-Ridge® Protective to help you understand the difference between the two. Its also important to know about the factors you need to consider to see which product line suits your preference and needs best.
Below is a comprehensive analysis of their cost, warranty, durability, and installation process.
Also Check: Should I Get A Shingles Shot Every Year
Comparison Of Gaf Ridge Cap Shingles: Timbertex Vs Seal
Choosing new shingles can be a tricky process, as there are so many different brands of asphalt shingles on the market. Not only are there several brands on the market, but they all have their own unique features. If you are a fan of the GAF brand, you should consider a couple of its top shingle products. Consider researching GAF Timbertex vs Seal-A-Ridge ridge cap shingles because these shingle products are some of the top-selling shingles that the company offers. Before you install asphalt roofing shingles, make sure you get a roofing cost and a roofing estimate from a professional.
GAF has been producing fine roofing materials since the late nineteenth century, so the company is familiar with consumers. In fact, GAF is considered as the largest roofing manufacturer in North America and has sales of over $3 billion each year. It has over 20 plants located across the country. In addition to selling roofing shingles, the company also offers roof leak barriers, roof ventilation, accessory paint and roofing underlayment products. Because of GAF’s high-end products and outstanding customer service, consumers are even happy to pay a premium.
Timbertex Vs Sealaridge: Installation Process Comparison
Both TimberTex® Premium Ridge Cap Shingles and Seal-A-Ridge® Protective Ridge Cap Shingles provide ease of installation and a higher-quality alternative to using cut-up strip ridge shingles. They both use the same comprehensive installation process.
Start at the lowest hit intersection and work up the roof. Cut a starter course and align with a drip edge, leaving only the black section with the adhesive. Next is to align the first shingle, so the adhesive strip is just inside the corner of the drip edge, and then fasten the shingle with two nails. Make sure to use only zinc-coated steel or aluminum nails.
The nails you will use should also be 3/4 long to penetrate the roof deck. Next is to trim flush to the drip edge. When you apply a new shingle, overlap the starter shingle and extend past the drip edge on the eaves. Again, nail in place and trim flush to the drip edge.
Moreover, layout the next shingle using alignment notches in the headlap area as a guide but do not nail it down yet. Strike a chalk line up the hip along the edge of the two shingles first and parallel to the hip centerline to align up the hip.
After that, you can now nail down the second shingle. Continue to work your way up the hip using the same process while keeping the shingles aligned to the chalk line. Finish the ridge cap installation by applying roofing cement over the exposed nails.
Also Check: How Long Before Shingles Vaccine Is Effective
Why Choose Hip And Ridge Shingles For Your Commercial Or Residential Roofing
These shingles can complete the look youve been striving for, whether youve had an architectural shingle roof or a strip shingle variety installed. Distinctive ridge caps allow you to accentuate your rooftops natural beauty while also providing protection through multiple layers. The hips and ridges tend to undergo the most stress out of all the roofs components, and the caps help to reinforce these areas.
Trust Hopewell Roofing & Restoration For Hip And Ridge Installations
Looking for peace of mind and a solid roof for your home? Let our team at Hopewell Roofing & Restoration show you the benefits of hip & ridge installations from the pros. We can connect you with the impressive lifetime ltd. warranty on installations of Lifetime Shingle rooftops! The TimberTex® distinctive ridge cap shingles we install are an important component of the GAF Lifetime Roof System, and our work crews can get the job done quickly and affordably. Plus, our company is certified as a GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractor, so you can trust your project is in the right hands.
Our team of roofing specialists at Hopewell Roofing & Restoration has a strong reputation in the Atlanta GA area for workmanship of the highest quality, delivered with honesty and integrity for all of our residential and commercial customers. Whether its hip and ridge shingless or anything else to make your roof as functional and attractive as it can be, let us help you to get the most out of your rooftop. Connect with our team today to get your free consultation.
Read Also: Lingering Nerve Pain After Shingles
Why We Use Timbertex Premium Ridge Cap Shingles
- Accentuate the natural beauty of your newly installed architectural shingle roof .
- Offer multi-layer protection at the highest-stress areas of your roof .
- Provide a striking and higher quality alternative to using cut-up strip shingles as your ridge cap.
- TimberTex® distinctive ridge cap shingles are a key part of the GAF Lifetime Roof System, and have even earned the prestigious Good Housekeeping Seal.
- Dramatic Look: Extra-thick design with massive 8 exposure is up to 195% thicker than strip shingles, for a distinct finishing touch.
- The Right Colors: Unlike cut-up strip shingles, Timbertex® is factory-designed to complement the color of your GAF laminated shingles.
- Stays In Place: Dura Grip Self-seal Adhesive seals each piece tightly and helps reduce the risk of blow-off.
- StainGuard® Ltd. Warranty: Helps assure the beauty of your ridge cap shingles against unsightly blue-green algae.
- Peace of Mind: Up to a Lifetime ltd. warranty when installed on Lifetime Shingle roofs.
The Prefect Finish To Your Roof Is A Protective Gaf Hip & Ridge Cap Shingle
Every GAF roofing system we install includes a GAF engineered ridge & hip capping. Its important when building a roofing system to use the key GAF components that all work together to create a roof that functions properly, and looks great.
Seal-A-Ridge and TimberTex are the two GAF shingle capping we use on our roofing system installs. Both of these cappings offer superior colour match and durability to compliment your new roof. Lets look at the difference between these two products.
Recommended Reading: How Do Shingles Look On Your Body
Hip And Ridge Features
- Caps are designed with thickness that far exceeds levels provided with strip shingles. This creates a unique and distinctive look.
- Timbertex® caps are designed to complement your laminated shingles, regardless of the color required.
- Each piece is secured with Dura Grip Self-seal Adhesive, which ensures tightness in the installation and reduced chances of blow-off.
- With the StainGuard® Ltd. Warranty, youll be protected from the development of blue-green algae on your ridge cap shingles.
Why We Use Seal
- Insures reliable protection at the highest-stress areas of your roof .
- Provides a higher-quality and more cost-effective alternative to using cut-up strip shingles as your ridge cap.
- Designed to complement the color of your roofs shingles.
- Dura Grip Self-seal Adhesive seals each piece tightly and reduces the risk of shingle blow-off.
- Machine-cut design delivers a uniform look much better than using cut-up strip shingles.
- StainGuard® Ltd. Warranty Helps assure the beauty of your ridge cap shingles against unsightly blue-green algae .
- Up to a Lifetime ltd. warranty when installed on Lifetime Shingle roofs.
- Pre-scored design eliminates the need for difficult or time-consuming cutsallowing you to offer greater customer value.
- Micro Weave® Core provides exceptional strength to resist cracking.
Recommended Reading: Cheapest Place To Get Shingles Shot
Timbertex Premium Cap Shingle
Premium, multi layer design is 195% thicker than strip shingles for a superior look! Provide your roof with superior protection.
- Distinctive: Provide a striking, higher-quality alternative for a distinctive, upscale look.
- The Right Colour: Designed to compliment the colour of your GAF shingles
- Stays In Place: Dura Grip Adhesive seals each piece tightly and reduces the risk of shingle blow-off.
- Uniform Look: Machine-cut design delivers a uniform look much cleaner than using cut-up three tab shingles.
- Stain Guard Protection: No more unsightly algae staining on your roof.